Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Animal Fries - Smothered Cheese Fries

Growing up in Southern Califonia; I was spoiled to be able to go to In-N-Out whnever I wanted. Oh, how I miss it. When we go home to visit my husband's parents; we always stop there on the way home from the airport. The menu is simple and delicious; my favorite thing has always been Animal Style Fries. They aren't officially on the menu, but everyone knows about them.

I craved them like crazy during my pregnancy. So I made some. Man oh man were they good. I ate nearly the entire plate by myself. Hey, pregnant women need extra calories, right? These days, it's not so easy to justify making them. I only have them a couple times each year. They are worth every calorie though.

Ingredients

1 (26 oz)  bag of frozen french fries (you can also make your own, but I used frozen this time)
1/2 an onion, diced
2 TBS butter
3 American Cheese Slices
1/8 - 1/4 cup of my Comeback Sauce, or Thousand Island Dressing.

Bake (or fry) french fries according to package directions. While they are baking, melt butter in a medium sized skillet, add onions and cook until softened and browned. You can go for full caramelization if you want; but I'm usually not patient enough. Remove fries from oven and put on serving plate, cover with cheese slices and dressing. I never measure the dressing; but I would guess I use around 1/4 cup. Top with onions and enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment