Monday, September 9, 2013

Crock Pot Beef Dip Sandwiches



The first time I made this was for my son's birthday party at the beginning of August. My entire family loves my Mom's beef dip sandwiches, so I decided to put my own spin on them and create my own recipe. They turned out really good. I used a Crock Pot for this to cut down on my kitchen time on party day, but it could be simmered or baked for a few hours if you don't have a crock pot, or don't feel like using one. My Crock Pot was tied up that day making baked potatoes, so I borrowed my Mom's. Her's is one of those newer ones where the crock can be used on the stove top. I LOVE it! I did everything in one pan, it was so easy. If mine weren't also brand new, I'd go get myself one just like hers.



INGREDIENTS:

3 lb Chuck Roast
1 TBS Olive Oil
1 Sweet Onion, diced
4 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
1 TBS Dried Rosemary
1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1 cup Beef Broth
1 cup dry Red Wine
Salt and Pepper

Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet, dutch oven, or your fancy stovetop-safe crock. Season beef roast with salt and plenty of pepper. Sear roast on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Try to let it develop a nice crust. Add everything to your crock pot and set it on low for 8 hours.
Serve on buttered, toasted hoagie rolls with the juices for dipping. Enjoy.

This recipe was linked up at the Weekend Potluck hosted by The Country Cook. Check it out for more recipes and inspiration!


No comments:

Post a Comment