Saturday, August 11, 2012

Comeback Sauce


Comeback Sauce is a dipping sauce I've had at a few restaurants here in The South. It's one of those condiments I had never heard of  before I moved here, like White Barbeque Sauce. I've only seen it at a few restaurants, but it is an excellent dipping sauce for french fries. The first time I had it, it was served along side green bean fries and fried green tomatoes. Whip up this simple sauce the next time you make fries or potato wedges. Make it for a BBQ or putluck. This stuff is delicious the day you make it, but knock-your-socks-off good the next day.

You will need:

1/2 cup Ketchup
1/2 cup Mayo
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tsp Dijon Mustard ( I think yellow is standard, but I prefer Dijon for this)
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 TBS Black Pepper

Mix all ingredients together. Chill. Serve with fries. It's also great on burgers.




No comments:

Post a Comment