Tuesday, June 11, 2013

German-style Pork Chops


My Hubbie thought these were amazing!

Ever since I visited Germany as a teenager, I have loved their culture and food. Since returning, I have made it my goal to re-create the delicious meals I enjoyed there. This recipe is in no way authentic, but it uses German flavors to create a delicious, no-fuss dinner.

Growning up, we ate Shake N Bake pork chops on a pretty regular basis. I loved them, and still enjoy them when my Mom prepares them. I don't purchase many convenience foods, but love the simplicity that this method offers, so I use this crumb mixture. It's great on pork or chicken.

I think the German mustard really makes this dish, its robust flavors pair well with the richness of pork.

Ingredients

4 pork chops
2 tablespoons German-style mustard
Crumb Coating Mixture:

  •  2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs                    
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons crumbled dried parsley
Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease or coat with cooking spray. Brush pork chops on both sides with German-style mustard. Combine Crumb Coating ingredients in a bag, add chops and shake until coated, one at a time. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 - 40 minutes, ensure that pork is fully cooked before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment