Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes


I prepared these to go with a roasted chicken for dinner the other night, it was already dark, and the lighting in my kitchen is not good, so please excuse the funky pictures.
I've been trying to develop side dishes for Thanksgiving that are just a little bit different. I like to take a classic dish or ingredient and give it a little twist. I make a mean sweet potato casserole, but I prefer to enjoy them adorned with savory seasonings. My husband is not a big fan of sweet potatoes, but he gobbled these up and asked for more. They were so simple to make, and delicious. I plan on bringing them to my family's Thanksgiving dinner as a lighter option. (I'll also make a traditional sweet potato casserole, of course).


Ingredients:
2 Sweet Potatoes, chopped
1 Onion, diced
1 TBS Olive Oil
1 TBS Chili Powder
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp gound Cumin
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper, only if you like spicy food

Preheat oven to 400. Combine chopped sweet potato and diced onion in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with spices. Toss to combine. Spread out on a sheet pan and roast for 25-30 minutes. Flip them about halfway through cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment