Sunday, September 20, 2015

Twins Update

Ever since finding out we are having twins, I have been so excited, but I don't think the true reality has quite set in yet. We went in for the anatomy scan on September 4, but they weren't able to get good views of either baby, so I have been referred to a high risk pregnancy doctor for an ultrasound, which is tomorrow. The main reason I have to see the high risk doctor is to determine how many placentas there are. Having two is ideal, as a shared placenta can pose higher risks. I am a little nervous about this, being as I have had two miscarriages in the past. However, I am refusing to let that cause me to worry too much, since I have also had one completely uncomplicated pregnancy which produced an extremely healthy little boy. We continue to pray everyday.
I feel them move quite a bit when I lay down at night. They are still pretty small, so it doesn't interfere with my sleep yet. Aside from me staying awake because I'm trying to feel both of them. One baby has positioned itself under my left ribcage and I can feel it whenever I lay on my left side. The other baby hangs out in the front and up high, much like my son did; so I don't feel that baby as much. Even when I can't feel their movements much myself, my husband can usually put his hands under my stomach when I am laying down and he can usually feel them.
Prayers are appreciated as I am so excited/nervous about tomorrow's appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment