Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce

 
 
This is a short-cut meal. With a busy toddler, sometimes, I just don't have more than 20 minutes or so to make dinner. This dish comes together quickly with things I usually have on hand. I've served it to several people, everyone loves it, and nobody ever believes how easy it is to make.

Ingredients:
1 lb pasta (I used whole grain penne)
1 26 oz jar of spaghetti sauce (I usually use my own, but if I'm out I use Hunt's 4 Cheese)
8 oz cream cheese
Freshly grated parmesean cheese (I actually prefer pecorino but I use what I have on hand)
Fresh basil (optional)

Cook pasta according to package instructions. While pasta is cooking, cut cream cheese into several pieces. Warm spaghetti sauce and cream cheese together, stirring often to combine. Drain pasta and toss
with sauce. Place in serving dish, top with cheese and torn basil leaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment